Friday, May 1, 2009

White Balance Your Underwater Photos


These are photos from a recent trip to Indonesia. The point of this slideshow is to demonstrate that it's easier to "color correct" photos that start out good. The value of taking an underwater photo using white balance cannot be over emphasized. All of these photos, with the exception of the four with shadows, were taken with a Canon PowerShot A640 and an Ikelite housing with no lighting or stobe. Color is managed completely using white balance. The four fish with shadows were taken on a night dive with no white balance or stobe...I cheated and used my husbands video lighting...hey it was a cute fish and I left my strobe at home.
Beautiful Slug
Beautiful Slug
PhotoBucket Slideshow


1 comment:

  1. I love these pictures. Can't wait to take my camera underwater.

    ReplyDelete